Friday, March 19, 2010

i love stephen king

I probably say this way too often, but I love Stephen King.  The first Stephen King book I read was Pet Sematary when I was 12 and I have been hooked ever since.

There is just something about escaping into a world of horror that makes you realize just how great your own life is.  Or how boring.  Either way.  I'm currently hooked on the gunslinger series.  So... Freaking... Awesome!  I'm on book 3 of the series right now (The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands), and I LOVE it.  The series is very different from most other Stephen King books I've read, but still so well written.  These are probably my favorites of all his books, but for different reasons.

I actually got to see the fabulous Stephen King when he was on his tour promoting Under the Dome.  It was an evening with him and David Cronenberg.  Simply amazing, a chance to experience two fantastic minds, in a very casual, informal discussion.

At the end of the evening they drew tickets for a chance to purchase an autographed copy of the book, and I had one of the winning tickets!  I felt like Charlie must have felt on when he found his golden ticket for the chocolate factory.  Of course I don't want to read it.  I'll buy another copy, sans signature, and read that one.  The "good" copy is going in the vault with my other valuable books, first editions, etc.  The vault of course being a cardboard box with bubble wrap in it.  Rest assured though, one day I will have a vault, and those books will make their way directly in there... bubble wrap and all.

I'm torn at the moment for who I should go spend some time with.... Roland on his quest to the Dark Tower, or Kratos on his way to slay Zeus (again).  Decisions, decisions.

The Waste Lands (The Dark Tower, Book 3)God of War: Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment