Thursday, March 18, 2010

to play or not to play.... an exercise in patience

I received a wonderful package in the mail on Tuesday.  Something I've been expecting since xmas, but have been dreaming of for several years.  Something so wonderful it makes my heart race to type about it... and the much anticipated item is...

God of War III


Oh joy!  It is finally here!  Kratos how I've missed having new adventures with you!  And to see you in such quality, such stunning clarity...  so.... fucking... excited.

BUT, the problem is that while I was impatiently waiting the arrival of the new game I decided to purchase the new HD versionof the original games.  Even though I've played God of War and God of War II countless times, I was so excited to have the chance to experience them with their new superior look.  I haven't been disappointed, it's so much more fun to slay gorgons tear apart harpies when everything is a little more crisp and clear.  (Even if the aspect ratio is off... I don't mind, I can deal with oval buttons).

I am nearing the end of the HD version of God of War II, but now that long awaited God of War III has arrived I have a decision to make.  Do I keep playing the old game, or do begin the new one.  I mean I could just throw it in the PS3 right?  Just to see how it looks... just to get a taste...  what's a girl to do?

But I can't, it's just not right.  I have to finish what I started.  I have to be patient.  I know if I put in the new one I'm not going to be able to just look. 

This week has been standing in my way of finishing my current battle and beginning my new one.  Tuesday I couldn't miss LOST or the season finale of Death Comes to Town (ok, and Biggest Loser, I'll admit it, I love that show).  Last night I went to see Alice in Chains, which was an amazing concert by the way.. and William DuVall is a damn sexy man.  It really sucks being a petite girl at a concert, generally everyone else is much taller than I am and I have a terrible time seeing the stage (any my neck is sore as hell the next day), but I was able to get close enough to the stage to get a nice clear view of the band.

Anyway, getting back on topic, hopefully tonight I will be able to finish GOWII, so that I can start the new one.  As soon as Survivor is over of course.  Or maybe Survivor can wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment